Wednesday, January 9, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Dear Fellow Travelers,

The subject line is not a holiday greeting, not something one says "on the day." It's a blessing we share as we flip the calendar, and I notice people are wishing each other a Happy New Year nine days into 2013. As it should be. So if I haven't seen you face to face yet this new year, I wish you a Happy New year, a year ahead of growth and progress, of health and abundance.

Got a show this week (which the R-G seems to have missed). Here it is:
Chico's Hydrogen Jukebox at Territorial Vineyards (3rd & Adams, in the 'hood). Thursday, January 10 at 7:00 pm. It's early, it's free and it'll be fun. Great place, nice atmosphere (love the lighting) and  excellent libations. And I'd love to have a full house to top it off. I'll be playing fiddle (some jazz, some Irish, some bluegrass and exotica), banjo, various mandolins, six and twelve string guitars and singing. My songs, some Woody and Townes, and some surprises. Ably abetted by David Andersen on guitar and bass and George Filgate on drums. It's our first outing in a while and our first show of the year, so it's a celebration and I look forward to it.

Come on down, bring your friends, feel free to spread the word and let's toast the unfolding New Year.

All the best,

Chico

www.chicoschwall.net

No comments:

Post a Comment